Mevlana Exchange Program, which is completely funded by Turkish Government and coordinated by Higher Education Council through Turkish Universities, is an exchange program that finances mobility of both incoming and outgoing faculty members and students. Legal base of the program was founded in 2011 and in March 2013 the program was initiated with the first meeting that took place in Ankara. Turkish Universities are responsible for introduction of the program to the international universities whose equivalence is recognized by Turkish Higher Education Council (HEC) as well as for faculty and student exchange. In our university, the program started at the beginning of March 2013 right after signature of bilateral agreements with Kazakh Universities and the calendar of exchange was announced as declared by HEC. Erzincan University holds the interest in different international universities from Japan to the USA. Therefore, this year, the University has had several meetings with universities in US, Azerbaidjan and Kazakhistan and is still working on enlargement of the network. Mevlana Exchange Program is unprecedented in that the program funds incoming students and facult members.
Student Exchange in Mevlana Program can take place minimum one semester/term and maximum 2 (two) semesters/terms in one academic year. Students can participate either/both in fall or/and spring semester.
Students willing to participate in this program must meet the following criteria required by Higher Education Council
1. To be a student in Associate’s Degree/Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s or Phd Degree
2. Not to be studying in preparation class, distance learning or open education
3. Minimum 2.50 GPA for Associate’s Degree and Bachelor’s Degree Students
4. Minimum 3.00 GPA for Master and PhD Students
5. Proficiency in the language of instruction at host university (Students are required to have 65 out of 100 in the language exam given by Erzincan University)